Baljit Singh Chadha
I grew up as a curious, investigative child helped by my parents’ encouragement to explore and to learn without fear and hesitation. The wonder and awe in God’s creation always held me spell bound. I ploughed my curiosity through love of creation and creativity. At a young age of nineteen years I sailed to a land called Japan that has for long centuries been spiritually bound with India. Like a sleepy rose the petals of my creativity opened as I drank like a honey-bee the nectar of ancient and highly evolved culture of Japan. Japanese art of painting is high meditation in feel and in expression. My Japanese godmother Ms Otha Miyoko a great Japanese artist was my first teacher. She affected my style and expression early on.
My journey in art continued and I evolved a style of art that has minimal gap in feeling and expression. Rapidity and quickness of expression in my art comes from the well of inner spirituality. My art is not planned, thought-out and cerebral it is based on spontaneity. Abstract Expressionism is a wider term and my art follows it in variegated dimensions.
In my art I experiment with different painting instruments and techniques. My dependence on brushwork is rather limited. I frequently and freely use spatulas, wooden sticks, masking, and sand-mix, push bottles and what comes handy in the moment. I use acrylic with mix media. I have developed acrylic based glazes that were possible earlier only with oil paints. The glazes impart a charm similar to enamel glazes. I created a new technique called ( FLOAT ON COLORS).
My art journey finds depth and width in continuous experimentation, forays into the unknown and choosing challenging metaphors of expression.
I did an installation (Wall of Divine flowers) with 12000 painting on 12-12-12-12hrs-12mnts-12sec at Zorba in New Delhi and
CREATED A WORLD RECORD
The exhibition with the most paintings of flowers in the world
This certificate is given by WORLD RECORD ASSOCIATION on 12-12-12-12hrs-12mnts-12sec at Zorba in New Delhi and donated entire collection to Smile Foundation New Delhi, for a girl child education.
Where my art journey will take me next I leave to higher forces.
Presently I offer you ZEN MOKSHA FLOWERS /MANN FLOWERS/MIYOKO FLOWERS AND WALL OF HEAVENLY FLOWERS as my next creations.
Group Shows;- Newyork, Singapore,
- Canvas Art Gallery , Nehru Place, Delhi 2006
- Studio Vasant, Vasant Vihar New Delhi, 2006, 2007
- Prabhat NGO, New Delhi, 2007
- Nithari, Canvas Art Gallery, 2007
- Sahaj Sankalp, Habitat Centre, New Delhi , 2008
- Aspiration, Charity show at Epicenter Gurgaon, 2008
- New Finds, Singapore, 2008
- Group Show at World Fine Art Gallery, New York, 2008
- Reverberation Habitat Centre, New Delhi, 2008
- Art for Prabhat Presents 'The Eternal Circle' MAY-2009
- Art Ponixs Mumbai-2013
- Studio Vasant, New Delhi, 2006,2007
- Studio Vasant, New Delhi 2008
- DLF Mall, Saket, New Delhi 2009
- WALL OF DEVINE FLOWERS-ZORBA, NEWDELHI 2012(world record)
- WALL OF EXOTIC FLOWERS-EPI CENTRE GURGAON-2013
- HOME& interior expo, EPI centor.GURGAON-2013
- Independence day Celebration-EPI CENTRE-2013
- Art-Phonix-NEHRU CENTRE MUMBAI-2014
- Recently Saatchi Art online has bought my eternal circle.
- My works of heavenly flowers are used by best desinger of newyork usa for limited addition furnishing.
- Designer from mubai has picked 14 images of heavenly flowers for bollywood celebraties