Chinmaya B R
Born: 1976, Chitradurga, Karnataka, India.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- Figurative, Neo Expressionism & Contemporary
- Avatar series, Horse series, Mother Series and Bhopal Gas Tragedy Series, Contemporary Landscapes
Born in Chitradurga, Karnataka, Chinmaya B. R. studied art in Chitradurga and Davangere. In his early art career he had made realistic portraits and landscapes. His paintings, portraits and landscapes show the strong influence of Van Gogh.
Later he studied Post Modern and Contemporary art styles in Bangalore and Bhopal and incorporated the principles of cubism and expressionism in his works. His work has a strong aesthetic aspect of human and animal body. The Evolution of skeletal structure, the muscle attachment and the action every muscle is designed for is a wonderful creation of the nature. Anatomy has always been his favourite subject. During his doctorial study he constantly experimented with creating the anatomy of human body in the various art forms. He believes nothing can make an impact on human mind in the way the human body makes! All primary instincts such as bliss, happiness, sexual desire, fight instinct, fear of dead, agony & pain looking at a dead can take away your heart to the emotional depths.
Hence he started exploring the subjects of body and form in Mythology, History, Science and Contemporary Issues in the society to find inspiration to create his own expression of human body. His works express the idea of human or animal body in an abstract manner. You may term it as “Abstract Figurative Style”!
His paintings express his deep compassion and concern for the downtrodden and victimized people of the society which can be seen in his series works on Mother, Indian Women, Bhopal Gas Tragedy. His mystique love for the Indian mythology can be seen in his series Dashavatara. His passion for nature and forms expressed in Horse Series. His subjects for paintings are contemporary and depict the concern for the current problems of our society like Child Labor, Crimes on Women, Social insecurity, Agony and grievances of underprivileged people, Ill effects of War, Social injustice etc. He has got various solo and group exhibitions to his credit. His paintings can be seen in various art galleries and private collections all over India. Currently he lives and works in Bangalore, India.
- 2014 – Solo Exhibition at Rabindra Bhawan, Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi.
- 2014 - Solo Exhibition at Unique Contemporary Art Gallery, Bangalore.
- 2013 - Solo Exhibition at Delhi Karnataka Sangha Art Gallery, New Delhi.
- 2013 - Solo Exhibition at India Habitat Center, New Delhi.
- 2012 - Solo Exhibition in Bhopal.
- 2009 - Solo Exhibition in Virajpet, Coorg.
- 2008 - Solo Exhibition in Virajpet, Coorg.
- 2014 - “Sringar” and “Divine Connection” by “Uchaan” at Gold Souk, Gurgaon.
- 2014 - Exhibition by Hammerartag.com, at AIFACS, New Delhi.
- 2014 - Exhibition by “Group 21” at Lokayata Art Gallery, Hauz Khas, New Delhi.
- 2014 - Exhibition by “Group 21” at Museum of Fine Arts, Panjab University, Chandighar.
- 2013 - Exhibition by Wearhouse Bombay at Sitara Studios, Mumbai.
- 2013 - Exhibition by indianartcollectors.com on “Mumbaism” at NCPA, Mumbai.
- 2014 - Exhibition by All India Contemporary Art Exhibition by Parivesh Kala Sansthan, Jaipur.
- 2014 - Participation in Art Fair “Chitra Sante”, Bangalore.
- 2013 - Exhibition by Face India International Arts Festival(Indo-Korea) at AIFACS, New Delhi.
- 2010 - Group Exhibition at Dashahera, Mysore.
- 2007 - Group Exhibition at Dashahera, Chitradurga.
- 2006 - Annual Exhibition, School of Fine Arts, Chitradurga.
- 2005 - Participation in Art Fair, Bangalore.
- 2004 - Participation in Art Fair, Bangalore.
- 2003 - Annual Exhibition, School of Fine Arts, Chitradurga.
- 2001 - Attended painting Camp at Badami and Pattadakallu.
- 2000 - Attended Summer Paitning camp in Davangere.
- Collections at Gold Souk, Gurgaon.
- Collections at The Art Lounge, Chandighar.
- Collections at The Divine Art Gallery, New Delhi.
- Collections at various private collectors in Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore, Mumbai and Bhopal and outside the country in USA, Dubai, Singapore etc.