One of the most rising impressionist artist, MITHU BISWAS is a journey of around 7 years of modern contemporary Art. She is working for an unusual idea & concept in her painting. Born in Kolkata in the state of West Bengal in 1979, she was fond of art since early days. She did his graduation in Fine Art from Government College of Art & Craft, Kolkata in 2004. In 2009 she came in Maharastra, and permanently setup a studio in Mumbai.
Ever since moving to Muimbai, Mithu did change the types of content and subject, she use in her painting. So while she still paint in the style modern contemporary art, with the canvas set on a different texture and surface. Mithu use acrylic paints and texture in surface. And yet the materials that she use are not the only thing that has changed; everything from the composition surrounding her to the consumer culture is different here, which has inspired her to use stronger colors than before.
When she was in college, Mithu had started a group exhibition at Kolkata in 1998, and few year later at the various shows around the India. Mithu always got appreciated of her versatility skills from middle east countries… In 2014, she had couple of sponsor group show in nationally and internationally…
Mithu is not as like renowned contemporary artist in Mumbai, still a fact now acknowledged by the market, many art curator and private art collector now slowly collect her paintings.
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts from Government Collage of Art & Craft, Culcutta, in Western Painting, under the Calcutta University, 2004.
- Chasing The Time”, Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai in 2015.
- Horse in The Chess”, Lalat Kala Akademy, Delhi in 2015.
- Annual Exhibition, Government College of Art & Craft, Kolkata in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- Chitrakut Art Gallery, Kolkata 2005
- JS art Gallery, Mumbai, 2014
- Curenta group show” by JS Art Gallery, Dubai, 2015
- Three Dimension” Chitrakala Parishath, Bangalore
- Curenta group show” by Art Karna , Dubai, 2015
- Art Beyond Borders” by Art Mudra, Dubai, 2016
- Curenta group show” by JS Art Gallery at Lokayata Art Gallery, Delhi, 2016
- Colour Of Spring” at Cymroza Art Gallery, Mumbai, 2016