I am mostly a self-taught artist with a flair for drawing since childhood. Later, I went on to explore more of this creative side in the world of fashion and did my post graduation in Fashion Communication from National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi. I topped my course and was awarded the gold medal by the then President of India, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam. Later, I went on to pursue a corporate career as a Visual Merchandiser with Future Group, Mumbai.
However, nothing gave me more joy than the feeling of expressing myself on canvas. So after years of working in the field of visual merchandising and retail design, I decided to give in to my childhood passion of creating art. I specialize in portrait and water art and have explored the same in various media like oils, acrylics, charcoal, pastels and pencils.
The latest in my art collection is the ‘Ocean Series’ that explores the beauty of water. The fluidity of water combined with life in and around water is another level of beauty that I want to present in my art. The vibrant aqua colors and the dynamism of water combine to form incredibly beautiful works of art that light up any space in which they are introduced.
I truly believe that perfection in art is something that can be strove for but can never be achieved. I sincerely hope to keep striving for that perfection and produce art that shows the desire for the same.
After studying the works of several international contemporary artists, I have been challenging myself to explore territories like knife work portraits- an extremely difficult to achieve art. I have worked on highly vibrant textured portrait paintings by using palette knives instead of brushes. The combination of raw texture and burst of colors gives these paintings a different look and feel that is intensely appealing and stimulating.
I have also been working on creating realism in portraits along with abstract art. Here I have tried to retain realism in portraits while working on abstract backgrounds that tell a story to create an alluring combination of art.
I truly believe that perfection in art is something that can be strove for but can never be achieved. I sincerely hope to keep striving for that perfection and produce art that shows the desire for the same
Exhibitions and Achievements:
- September, 2017: Group exhibition at Hotel Ashoka, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi featuring the works of 5 artists including prominent artists like Bhaskar Rao and Sanjay Soni
- November, 2017: Art Enigma, a group exhibition at Hotel Ashoka, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi
- May, 2018: Finalist in the ‘International Artist Grand Prize Competition, Art Revolution Taipei 2018’ held at World Trade Centre, Taipei, Taiwan. The event was organised by ‘Taiwan International Contemporary Artist Association’. Both my paintings were selected and exhibited among the final 307 selected out of the 4546 artworks submitted by artists from 87 countries.
- November, 2018: Finalist in the painting category at The Global Art Awards, Dubai. These highly esteemed awards are also hailed as the ‘Oscars of the Visual Arts’.
- April, 2019: Finalist in the ‘International Artist Grand Prize Competition, Art Revolution Taipei 2019’ to be held in Taipei, Taiwan.
- March, 2019: Delhi Metro- one of my paintings was selected for Delhi Metro Red Line Extension that was inaugurated by PM Modi. The painting's print versions have been installed in a couple of metro stations on this line.