Born and brought up in Delhi, Simran Kaur has a Bachelor degree in History Honors from Delhi University. The colorful life that she saw around her drew her to colors in their various combinations. Hers was an organized and disciplined life. Visiting different places gave a good exposure to her visual traits. Her father wanted her to be an engineer but she found tools too heavy to carry, choosing HB pencil and a set of crayons instead. A love for her country made her secular and Delhi’s landscape made her interested in heritage monuments, being the natural source of art. Her History background helps her in capturing heritage buildings in her paintings.
Over the years, she has honed her skills through training. She has trained under different artists like Vinaka Bhattacharya, S Kundu, Ashwani Kumar and Amit Mukerjee.
Simran Recognized for her artwork form Franchise India’s CSR Initiative – Creating Responsible Neighborhoods, through Cause on Canvas, December 2011 and also in various exhibitions.
The one valuable insight that she has learn is that though some form of training is important, no one can really teach you how to paint. Each one of us has to find our motivation and need to paint from within. And each one of us has to preserve what is unique and peculiar about us and how we see the world. As an artist, Simran is trying innovations and allied skills to perform better in her profession every day.
- Group Show organized by Artvroom in August in Palm court ( IHC) Delhi 2016.
- Group Show organized by Uchaan in Gold Souk in Gurgoan 2014
- Group Exhibition with Uchaan – Soul Expressions in Mayur vihar (March 2014).
- Group exhibtion in Art Khopcha (sanik farms) ( December 2013)
- Was featured Artist for Art Brunch in Hotel Kempinski Ambience in April 2013(14th April to 21st April 2013)
- Annual Art Show of Kaavya in association with the eminent institution Pathways World School for “Jashn-Celebration of Life” from 5th April to 7th April 2013 in Epic center Gurgaon.
- Was part of Group Exhibition in India Habitat Center organized by Kaavya from 16th - 19th August 2012 was inaugurated by Jatin Das and Alka Raguvanshi.
- Took Part in a group show in Lait Kala Academy from 15th July to 20th July 2012 by Vignette Arts.
- Was part of a Exhibition by Seems Art Exhibition in “SPIRITUAL; BUT NOT RELIGIOUS “ with various upcoming and unknown artist at Moments mall, Kirti Nagar New Delhi form 15th June 2012-17th June2012
- Held a Exhibition with two more artist called “Poetry in stillness” in Indian habitat center from 13th Jan 2012-17th Jan 2011.
- Was part of Seems Art Exhibition, held in All India Fine Art society from 22ndNov to 28thNov 2011.
- Took part in 9th Annual Art Exhibition by Delhi Collage of Arts which was held form24thMay to 30th may 2011 in all India fine art society.
- Painting was selected Franchise India show and was exhibit at Ashoka which was held in December 2011.
- Was a part of group show at Indraprastha Art gallery which was held in October 2010.
- Took part in 8th Annual Art Exhibition by Delhi Collage of Arts which was held form
- 24th May to 30th may 2010 in lalit kala .
- Group exhibition organized by UNIFEM at visual art gallery in 2004.
- Interview and other clipping in Pioneer and DT city 2014.
- Invited as the Judge at Birla Vidya Niktean School for their art competition “Ustav” 2013.
- Invited by the Vedanta Groups to host the Art Workshop for some of the senior members of the company at Anandas. (2012)
- Invited as the Judge at Suncity School for their art competition “Me and Mine”. (2011).
- Painting got featured as the group for Kaavya in April 2013
- Recently got covered by HT city as “people in the city”on 19th June 2012.
- Have been covered in various newspapers like India express , HT city & pioneer newspaper.
- In collection with Art spice (Metropolitan Hotel near Bangal sahib) from 24th April 2012.
- In collection with Online India art Village from July Kaushalam Pravah Gallery in Jaipur 2012:
- In collection with Online India art Village from May 2012.
- Have also part of various newspaper articles as a artist in Delhi since 2010.
- Was award and selected one of the best painting for Franchise India calendar held in Ashoka ( 2010).
- Best Cartoon marking award at cartoon exhibition organized by Australia-India council in collaboration with Teach (2005-06).
- Meritorious certificate in excellence in Commercial Art(2005-06).
- Training from Trieveni Kala Sangam (2014 – till date)
- Got Trained under various artists like S.kundu (2006), Vinaka Bhattacharya (2005) and working under Ashwani Kumar(2009-2011).
- Have directed a documentary film on the food wastage(2008).
- Was part of Fine Arts society in Lady Shri RamCollege (2007-08).
- Attended the workshop organized by Famous cartoonist of Australia Al moire. (2004-05).
- Participated in a national level Commercial Art Competition (2003-04).
- Participated in the Art workshops and submit for students by Alliance Francais’e de Delhi (where art work was made on the social issues like women empowerment and mother & child (2003).
- Participated in the “Touch an Exhibition” organized by UNIFEM (2004) were our works were displayed at visual arts gallery.