Valluri Venkata Swamy
Did over 2,500 paintings in water/oil/acrylic colours both in Traditional/Modern styles on different themes. Notable among the series of paintings done are on the themes of
- My Village Rocks · Electric Power (Graphics) · Nehru and his vision
- Horses Ganesha · Bull Fight ·50 years of Indian Independence · Nature and Life
One Man Shows participated:
- 1965 Sponsored by United States Information Services, Guntur.
- 1966 One Man Show of paintings, Hyderabad.
- 1967 Sponsored by International Club, Hyderabad.
- 1968 One Man Show of paintings at Hyderabad.
- 1975 Graphics on “Panorama of Power”,Hyderabad
- 1982 Paintings on “My Village” at New Delhi.
- 1989 Paintings on “Nehru and his Vision” at Hyderabad.
- 1993 Paintings on “Hyderabad—400 years” at Hyderabad.
- 1995 One Man Show of paintings at Hyderabad.
- 1998 50 years of Indian Independence at Alliance Francaise, Hyderabad.
- 1999 One Man Show at “Art Folio”, Chandigarh.
- 2000- Paintings on “Hyderabad” at British Library Art Gallery, Hyderabad
- One Man Show at Indus Ind Bank Art Gallery, Chandigarh
- One Man Show at ANZ Grindlays Bank Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- One Man Show at “Art Gallery”, M.S.University, Baroda
- One Man Show at “Ravi Shankar Raval Kala Bhavan”, Ahmedabad.
- 2001 - Painting show at Grad Kakatiya Hotel, Hyderabad.
- 2005 - One Man Show at ICCR Art Gallery, Kala Bhavan, Hyderabad.
- 2008- One Man Show at Grand Kakatiya Hotel,Hyderabad
Group Shows participated:
- 1972, 73, 74 Exhibition of paintings at BHEL Club, Hyderabad.
- 1975 Three Decades of Art in Andhra Pradesh.
- 1977 Second All India Contemporary Miniature Biennial of A.P. Council of Artists.
- 1980 International Exhibition of Cartoons organized in Vamouri Sheibun, Japan.
- 1996 World Telugu Federation Exhibition.
- 1997 Telugu University – 2nd State-wide exhibition.
- 1998 Annual Exhibition of Hyderabad Art Society.
- 1999 Telugu University – 3rd State-wide exhibition.
- 2000 - Annual Exhibition of Hyderabad Art Society.
- Telugu University – 4th State-wide exhibition.
- “Affordable Art Show”–Vinyasa Art Gallery, Chennai.
- 2006 – Group Show at Lakshana Art Gallery, Hyderabad
- Group Show at Kalakruti Art Gallery, Hyderabad.
- 2013- Renaisance Gallerie, Bangalore
- Art Expo New York-2011 & Arterend Gallry- Hongkong etc,
Participation in Art Camps:
- Wood-cut print making workshop organized by Mr.Paul Lingren under Max Muller Bhavan, Hyderabad.
- “Encounter” – An Art Camp organized by Hindustan Times at New Delhi.
Paintings in collection of :
- Late Mrs.Begum Abida Ahmed, New Delhi.
- N.M,.Chodnosky, USA.
- Ing John Ludvik, (CSSR).
- Fritzsche, West Germany.
- Hon’ble Mr.Michel Foot, U.K.
- Andhra Pradesh Lalit Kala Academi and many other Indian and foreign dignitaries.
Illustrated a number of books and designed a number of book jackets.
Interviewed on All India Radio several times on artistic activity.
- Received a number of awards in the field of Fine Arts.
- Honoured by the Andhra Association, New Delhi in the presence of Shri Pendekanti Venkata Subbaiah, then Hon’ble Minister for Home Affairs.
- Honoured by the Andhra Education Society, New Delhi in 1982.
- Honoured with ‘Mega Citizen Award, 1997”.
- Honoured with “Ugadi Puraskar, 1998” by the Delhi Telugu Academy, New Delhi.
- Honoured by Smt.G.T.Tumen Bava, External Affairs Minister of Kirgia Soviet Socialist Republic, and
- His Excellency Mr.Robert Arbuthnott, Minister (Cultural Affairs), British High Commission, British Council Division.
- Honoured by Salivahana Trust, Cherukuri Group,Hyderabad
Swamy’s name has been listed in the “Limca Book of Records, 1993”.