SAMHITA SARKAR SHARMA
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Born in Kolkata, my journey in the field of art began in my childhood with doodling, or you can say as scribbling on paper. Like any other child, it was just a hobby. As I started growing up , so called ‘priorities’ relentlessly crushed this passion and with time it fell into an abyss buried under pressure of work , erstwhile pursuit of materialistic goals and overbearing emotional quotients.
However, the artist in me never ever died. A MBA by profession and was working in a MNC . In spite of demanding corporate career, I could manage to steal time to vent stress by painting. What lay dormant, recoiled back . Call it true nature, potential or passion, it has its own uncanny way of resurfacing and this time I felt the urge like a surge. Art is the only means to express my inner feelings , joy and positivity , maintaining composure and have meaningful dialogues with my own self.
Smudge, daub, curl and curve along with colors and its tone were all in their rightful places and I could sense a creator in me in dialogue with its creation.
- Certification in Painting and Sketching from Sri Aurobindo Centre of Arts and Culture from 2011-2014
- Post Graduate Diploma in Transport & Logistics Management (Indian Institute of Social Welfare and Business Management, Calcutta – India) 2002-2004.
- Bachelor of Science (Gokhale Memorial girls’ College – Calcutta University) in 2001.
- 2016 : Summer Symphony at gold souk mall Gurgaon(Curator and Organizer Jyoti Kalra)
- 2016 : Creations : 2nd National Group Art Exhibition at AIFACS Gallery, New Delhi (Curator and Organizer Arti Makkar)
- 2014 : Sri Aurobindo Centre of Arts and Culture, New Delhi (by Artist Kavita Nayyar)