Dhananjay has been painting for the last 25 years. He was born in 1964, in the terracotta city of Bishnupur, near Kolkata, having inherited an artistic tradition, he started his art life at the tender age of eight, working with Jamini Roy's paintings, Kalighat pot paintings and terracotta paintings. Once he completed schooling, he decided on a career in art and did a one-year Diploma Course at LA-MARTINIERE SEOMP SOCIETY in Commercial Art, Exhibition Display & Interior Decoration. Simultaneously, he also pursued his graduation studies from Calcutta University. He started his art career in the year 1980 with the aim to become a complete Indian Contemporary Artist. He completed his art education from Rabindra Bharti University (Indian Collage of Arts & Draftsmanship) Calcutta in 1988. He participated in more than 115 shows ( Solo & Group) in India & Abroad.
- Completed one year Diploma course in Commercial Art, Exhibition Display & Interior Decoration at LA-MARTINIERE SEOMP SOCIATY, Calcutta (1980)
- Visual Arts from Indian Collage of Arts & Draftsmanship (Rabindra Bharti University) Calcutta (1988)
SELECTED SOLO ART EXHIBITION:
- 2010, 08, 05 Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai.
- 2010 Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath, Bengaluru
- 2007, 06 Nehru Art Centre Gallery, Mumbai.
- 2007, 04 Experimental Art Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007 IHC Convention Foyer Gallery, New Delhi
- 2006, 2005, 2002, 2001 IHC Habitat World, Convention Foyer Gallery, Delhi.
- 2003, 2000 Lalit Kala Academy, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi.
- 2006, 02 Open Palm Court, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- 2007, 2005, 2004 Habi Art Foundation, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
SELECTED GROUP ART EXHIBITION & PARTICIPATION:
- 1984-1991 Indian College of Art, Calcutta, Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
- 1991-1995 Academy of Fine Arts & Many Private Galleries. Calcutta
- 2001 Annual Exhibition in Sahitya Kala Academy, New Delhi.
- 2000 India Habitat Centre (Visual Art Gallery), New Delhi.
- 2005 Daffodils Art Gallery (Grand Hyatt Hotel), New Delhi.
- 2005 Heart & Soul group show, New Delhi.
- 2005 Arushi Arts Annual show (Harmony 2005),
- India Habitat Centre, (Visual Art Gallery) New Delhi.
- 2004 Ati Art Gallery's annual show at New Delhi and Bangalore
- 2004-2005 Annual Chivas Art Experience Show at New Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore.
- 2005-2004 Habi Art Foundation 's Group shows at New Delhi, Hyderabad.
- 2006 Timeless Art annual show at London, Singapore & Gurgaon.
- 2006,05,04 Habi Art Foundation & Artwalas (California) Presents Group shows.
- 2014,2016 Arts Aroma Presents Group shows at New Delhi, Chicago & Bhutan
- 2006,05,04 Artfair at New Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata & California.
- In recognition to his achievements in the field of art organized by Intac, he received Award from Ministry of Environment & Forest (Govt. Of India)
SELECTED COLLECTION :
- His Selected collections are:
- National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) New Delhi,
- Indian Tourism, New Delhi (India)
- Jagdish Tytler M.P.
- Sangeeta Kumari Singh Deo, M.P.
- Neeraj Batra (Art Collector)
- Bajaj Group of Companies, Mumbai,
- Satya Sheel (Art Collectors)
- Shahnaz Husain Group of Companies, New Delhi
- Jaypee Group of Hotels, New Delhi, Agra & Noida
- Seista Hospitality Ltd, Bangalore & Emini Art Corporation, London
TECHNIQUES AND CREATIVE THINKING:
Dhananjay has been painting for the last 25 years. He creates graphic and structural uniformity on canvas through the play of light & shade. His paintings are basically a judicious mix of the abstract and realistic forms. His thoughts stem from unique imagination, which combines the real natural world with the artistic and creative world. He finds modernism on canvas with the help mythological and old Indian art . He expresses graphic and cutout form through mythological and old Indian art series with remarkable uses of colours to depict the unknown mysteries in the natural world. His many collections bring out his natural creative talent and total love for art. He paints with oil & acrylic colours on canvas.