Dipon was born in 1975, originally hails from Dakshineshwar, Kolkata. He generally paints using acrylic colours on the contemporary issues or internal passions of this world. He is a mechanical engineer and graduated from All India Institute of mechanical engineers. He started painting at an early age but wasn’t able to pursue any technical education in the field of art. He is a self-taught artist. The search of individuality is his main focus. The concept of devotion is also seen in his art works. As an artist, Dipon Banerjee has kept himself away from any specific theme. His work is based on his instinct. As a technique of painting, he uses the splashes of colour as is evident from his paintings. As an engineer the element of science and technology is seen in his artwork which is rather unique in itself. This aspect also shows the reality of the world turning towards technicality. The splashing of colours shows the free mind of the artist as he is not bound to the margins.
Presently, he is exploring splashing technique on canvas, painting my thoughts and discovering new themes as they unfold.
- Graduation equivalent in Mechanical Engineering in the year 2004 from All India institute of Mechanical Engineers
- Self Taught
- My paintings are available now in following on line galleries---
- Indian art Ideas, Noida
- Art street international, Karnataka
- Art and dolls gallery, Kolkata
- At ‘Chitrakoot’ art gallery, Kolkata from 31/01/13 to 3/2/13 Title of the exhibition : MECHANISED RELATIONSHIP”
- At “Chemould” art gallery ,Kolkata from16/04/14 to 20/04/14 Titleof the exhibition: CORPORATE
Mentionable Group Show:
- At ‘’Chemould’’ named ‘’PRAYAS’’ in July 2014
- At “Altamira Art gallery” under arrangement of COLOUR LAND ART ACADEMY in August 2014
- Exhibition at DELHI through World art organisation , Madhyam gram on FEB 2015
- At Lalitkala Academy, Delhi in MARCH 2015 arranged by Colour land Art Academy
- At ICCR, Kolkata in MAY 2015 arranged by CATHERSIS GROUP
- At Gold Sayak, Gurgaon in JULY 2015 arranged by CITY ART FACTORY.
- At J C LAHA in SEPT 2015 arranged by COLOUR LAND ART ACADEMY
- Exhibition at Hotel Hindustan international, Kolkata
- Group Exhibition at Gallery Gold, Kolkata in 2016
- Attended one day Workshop at ITC SONAR , Kolkata on October 2015
- My painting is collected by well know individual collector of Kolkata and the art dealing company the CITY ART FACTORY.